Here are some of my favorite posts from this year, ones I liked and wanted to highlight again (in chronological order):
- Teaching "by Ear" - I choose activities and say things by what sounds or feels right for the class.
- Loud Doll Play - Boys, the doll play is too loud.
- Impact of a Teacher - It is the impact of other teachers that made me want to be one.
- Fred Rogers Was Right - Play is serious learning.
- Creativity = Time + Permission - When kids have time to explore something and permission to veer off the "path," they become creative.
- Give Them a Little Control - I walked over to the drawer and pulled out an old timer that we keep there.
- Something Magical - I think there's something almost magical about the way a young child's mind works.
- The Day Godzilla Came to Blocks - He began to stomp between and around the structures.
- A Sad Thing I Heard - Sometimes I think we adults get focused on things that are really not the important ones.
- Building Memories - One day kids will be adults looking back on their elementary years.
Most visited post from this year: Burner Cover Magnet Boards (We love those repurpose ideas!)
I did two book studies on my blog this year.
My one word for this year: YES
- January: One Word for 2015 - I'm going to say YES a lot this year
- March: Cutting and Taping in the Blocks Center - Saying yes to the kids in my classroom
- July: Outside the Comfort Zone - Making myself uncomfortable by going outside my comfort zone
- September: My Year of Yes...So Far - Reflecting on nine months of yes
(Tomorrow I'll post about my one word for 2016.)