I posted today on the collaborative blog Pre-K and K Sharing. Since it's after Thanksgiving, I naturally thought about leftovers. Check that post for some ideas for using items leftover from your activities.
Here are some other posts about using leftovers--
- What kids did with leftover strips
- Leftover cereal boxes (from Centers and Circle Time)
- Leftover paper could be used for cutting practice (idea from Pink and Green Mama)
- Paper scraps can be used for water bottle collages
- Here's the post about recycling our art
- Leftover notepads can be great for writing (and in the writing box)
I often toss leftover items in the collage box. I put large pieces of paper, envelopes, or leftover books (paper stapled together) in the writing box. Odds and ends find their way into the blocks center.
Don't toss those leftovers! Put those "loose parts" out for kids to use in their own ways.