Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Notepads and Sticky Notes - Redemption

Yesterday I blogged about the disinterest in rope light in the blocks center. Sometimes things happen that way.

In fact, this isn't the first time I've posted about an experiment or idea that was virtually ignored. Remember the notepads and sticky notes? After I had those items on a table for a couple of weeks, I moved some of them to the writing box - just added them to the mix and didn't even mention them.

Since that time, I have seen a few pages of the notepads or sticky notes make their way home among the mix of other drawings and writing. Then this week I saw these sights at the writing table.




The notes have become just another tool, another choice. Kids are choosing how to use them...and when to use them. They are using them in fun ways, expanding their ideas and incorporating new ones. Just the way it should be.