Wednesday, August 17, 2011

5 Repurposing Ideas I'm Going to Steal

I love it when I can recycle, reuse, and/or repurpose materials. It's part of my DSDD. Well, my friends around the blogosphere are feeding my sickness. Here are five great ideas that I will be stealing...er, borrowing for myself.

Magnet Play Set - Teach Preschool: Deborah has been working hard on her new classroom...and has been giving me lots of great ideas. I love this magnet set made with lids and slinkys. Slinkys! I can't wait to see what these look like on our large magnet board (also a repurposed item!).

Ice Cube Tray Marker Organization - Pre-K Pages: Vanessa made me realize a problem in my classroom (kids cannot find the specific marker colors they want) and she gave me a solution (tall ice cube tray). I can see that this will really help in my writing center.

Creative File Organizer - Pre-K Pages: Vanessa again has a great post. This is a much better use for a dish drainer than actually washing dishes. I also read somewhere (maybe on Facebook related to this post) that you could use it in a center to hold/display books.

Sponge Towers - Toddler Approved: I got to this idea through Ellis' blog Growing in Pre-K. Cutting sponges into strips for building - like a Jenga game. I was going to purchase one of those games, but now I'm just going to make my own; it's quieter, too, when knocked over. My builders will love these.

Old Slides into Sculptures - TinkerLab: Rachelle sent my brain spinning with this post. I can imagine all kinds of things we could do with old slides - but I've not imagined that before. I like the sculptures - and the idea of using them as windows in constructions. Need to find some of these.

Have you made any good finds to repurpose/reuse/recycle lately?