Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Busy Day in Blocks

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm getting to know my new kids. I have discovered that some of the boys are really imaginative. The blocks center has been a hub of activity. Here's what happened this week.


R worked to build a house for the family figures. After several wall collapses, he successfully built two wall. "I want to put on the roof. But the walls are not close."



N tried building over his shoe. Definitely an imaginative way to approach building.

Then R and N joined forces and build a tall tower. Then...


"A meteor knocked down the tower." "And he died."

They covered the guy with blocks. ("Now he's buried.") Then they pulled him out. ("Now he's okay." "No, he's a zombie.")


N made a tank. He searched among the blocks to find just the right ones for the tank.


They built a box. "The people are going to get selled."

And the aftermath shows that we had a great time. It's going to be a busy year. And I'm having fun learning more about my imaginative kids.