Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Steering Wheel


I took a year off from teaching my kindergarten class at my church. I'm heading back this year. In fact, I was in the classroom last week, filling in for an absent teacher.

We used on of my favorite things - what has become a regular item in our dramatic play center. The steering wheel.


A few years ago, I found this steering wheel cover on a frame that looks like a steering wheel. Since then it has steered many car trips, a few van trips, and even a ambulance.




Kids love to use it. And it is like the real thing.

Last week a family drove from Tennessee to Mexico. And then Paris. And then a few other places on a trip. They saw friends. And even stopped to order some fast food.

I never cease to be amazed at the imagination and play of young kids. I'm looking forward to new experiences and new lessons from a group of kindergartners at my church.

And often they are the ones doing the steering in my classroom - not me. I wouldn't have it any other way.