Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twists from the Blogosphere

I love to put a twist on a familiar idea. Here are three "twisted" ideas from the blogosphere that I want to use this year.


Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds: Ziplock Baggie Painting
This post is a different take on ball/marble painting. We've marble-painted in an oatmeal box and on a large canvas, but a ziplock bag is a new idea for me.


Crafty Crow: Discovery Bottles
The link on Crafty Crow shows a variety of discovery bottles but I love the one featured. Chenille stem pieces and a wand magnet is a fun idea.


Deep Space Sparkle: How to Make Painted Paper
We love to paint...and we have cut up old paintings to use in collages. But I like the idea of painting paper in lots of different ways and incorporating that painted paper into other projects.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Scott, I love the "twists" too! I'm going to try that ziplock painting and I'm making some discovery bottles, so I'll add this one to the bunch, too! (I already do the painted papers, I love the textures and they make great later projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott I love the three simple posts that you reposted. I saw all of them but it wasn't until you pointed them out that I thought, "Hmmm, maybe i SHOULD do those...". I'm doing the Deep Space Sparkle painted paper tomorrow : ) Thanks

    ReplyDelete