Monday, January 2, 2012

Anti-Resolutions

I read about anti-resolutions on the Write Anything blog. Anti-resolutions are things you resolve not to do in the upcoming year. So, here are some of my anti-resolutions for the classroom.

1. I will not tell people that glitter is the root of all that is wrong in the world. (And I still will not use glitter.)

2. I will not go beyond the limit of 2,000 when saving paper towel tubes or cardboard boxes.

3. I will not make my classroom too safe or try to save children from their own experimenting.

4. I will not make kids follow my thinking or my agenda and make them abandon their own ideas.

5. I will not plan things for the kids to do without intention.

6. I will not be afraid to fail.

7. I will not blame the children when the classroom is not running smoothly.

8. I will not have a quiet classroom. (But I will not forget those who are quiet learners.)

9. I will not use items for their intended purpose.

10. I will not make fun of my friends who are addicted to Pinterest. (I'm still resisting!)

11. I will not stop learning.

(Thank you, blog friends, for what you have taught me this year. I look forward to a great 2012 learning with you.)