Wednesday, July 27, 2011

More Ideas for the Game Mat

In the past I've posted about one of my favorite things: the Giant Game Floor Mat. While you can make a simple one of these yourself--use gallon ziplock bags, a vinyl tablecloth, and wide transparent tape--I would suggest investing in a purchased one. The mat is built to withstand whatever your kids can do to it. We've walking on it, pulled and tugged it, jumped and slid on it. And it holds up. Now, I know it's not indestructible, but it can withstand some kid-handling. (Plus the mat comes with a beanbag, a spinner, and a book with game ideas.)

Over at Kids Ministry 101 blog, they've been posting about this game mat.

As I've mentioned before we've used the mat in a few ways. 

We played a large board game. (Kids can be the game markers, too!)


We played a Twister-type game.



We played a toss-and-spell game.

It's a lot of fun to use! I'm thinking of new ways right now that it could be used in the classroom.