Monday, March 21, 2011

Favorite Things: Bean Bags

I've used bean bags in various ways over the years. For the past few years we haven't had many bean bags or used them much. Then recently I purchased this set from Discount School Supply.
Photo from Discount School Supply

I bought them just for fun. First we used them for a game.


Put colored paper in the game mat.

Label bags with matching colors. In the bags put whatever you want the kids to choose. We were choosing letters to spell friend.

Toss the bean bag and draw from that bag.


Repeat - toss, draw, match.

After a while, the boys wanted to just toss. I made a "target area" with some cones.

We enjoyed this game for a day.

But the best things we've enjoyed is using the bean bags when we're together as a group. Sometimes we use the great oldies rock songs on the included CD. Sometimes we play other games as a group. Sometimes we just shake the bean bags to the beat - these bean bags make great shaker sounds when you shake them.

I have rediscovered the joys of bean bags...and these have become my newest favorite thing.

What's your favorite way to use bean bags?