Monday, November 21, 2011

Fabric with the Blocks

I put some pieces of fabric in the blocks center. I thought the kids may create tents or similar structures.

The kids were busy elsewhere so it took a while for them to discover the items.


"You could use the fabric as you build," I told them. They began to experiment.


Another boy saw what was happening. "What are they doing?" he asked. He went to investigate and to play as well.


They wrapped blocks in fabric pieces. They built on top of the fabric. They created towers alternating blocks and fabric.


I overheard one say, "I need more fabric" as they played. I was reminded how easy it is to influence words and play.


(Note: For the rest of this holiday week, I'll be posting links from the blog archive about blocks and the blocks center.)