Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quick Tip: Steering Wheel

Occasionally we pretend to drive cars or trucks in our class. We will set up 4 chairs as car seats or 2 chairs as the cab of a truck with a table or box as the truck bed. Usually I would cut a cardboard circle or cut a paper plate as a steering wheel.

One day, walking through the store I looked for something that could be used in our dramatic play. I happened to see a steering wheel cover, on a frame that looks like a steering wheel. I was so excited. I immediately tossed it in my cart to buy.

In the classroom, I wrapped masking tape around the steering wheel cover to keep it on the frame. And it's been a hit. Our new steering wheel looks like the real thing, feels like the real thing, and even smells like the real thing!

Adding a few real props to a dramatic play experience can really supplement the kids' play. We love our steering wheel.

8 comments:

  1. brilliant! off to the store i go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool and I reckon ... If it LOOKS like a steering wheel, FEELS like a steering wheel and even SMEELS like a steering wheel it MUST be the real thing ... You didn't TASTE it by any chance did you Scott? Because THAT would be the true test ...hahaha
    :)
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tasted it but some of my friends probably have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I'll have to look for that in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought some of these too but for a show we did last spring, I should put them out for dramatic play too - I hadn't thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.audi a3 steering wheel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was taking a gander at some of your posts on this site and I consider this site is truly informational! Keep setting up..
    copricerchi

    ReplyDelete