Monday, November 29, 2010

A Happy Surprise

Today we were going to make shakers (instruments). I didn't have the needed containers; I decided to take a chance and see what was in the resource room. We looked through the resource room and only found some Tic-Tac breath mint containers. We took them back to the room and removed the labels.

The kids scooped rice and sealed the lids with colored masking tape.

They used more tape and stickers to decorate their shakers.

What a happy surprise! I would have never chosen these containers except by necessity and availability. But these are some of the most successful shakers I've made. And they don't make too loud of a sound, so parents are happy, too!

Now I'm off to the store to buy lots more Tic-Tacs so I'll be ready for next time.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Tic-Tac containers make great shakers. There was an entire Seinfeld episode about the sound they make! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I like that they are tiny too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, Scott! Necessity IS the mother of invention! Isn't great when things work out like that! ......and I'm definitely going to buy some tic Tacs, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. plastic easter eggs work great too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Scott you've got to love it when things just work out don't you?!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom - I don't recall that episode!

    Deborah - I liked the small size, too.

    Ayn - So many times necessity has provided some fun alternatives.

    Anon - I like plastic eggs, too.

    Donna - I love it when things work out; I have had the opposite experience too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it great, those tic tac containers were just waiting to be discovered!

    ReplyDelete