Sunday, October 3, 2010

Favorite Things: Drawer Organizers

Recently, almost as a whim, we bought a couple of rectangular drawer organizers. These have become some of my favorite "supporting characters" in my classroom.

These are perfect for holding odds and ends in for an activity. Here are a few ways we've used them--

Hold chalk


Hold sticks


Hold foam stamps


Hold shapes (or markers or letters) at the easel

[[We were so busy this week that I didn't get a photo of this one.]]


We love that the rectangles fit so well on our easel's tray. That's why we bought them...but we have discovered so many other uses. And these have a rubber padding in the bottom, so there is little noise when you drop things into them.

I may need to head back to Target and get a few more!

5 comments:

  1. Cat litter trays - perfect for A4 paper, fine motor manipulatives, EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a junkie for these little holders. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use a lot of those styrofoam trays that come with meat. We have some we're still using that are over a decade old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a lot of 'irresistible' going on here Scott! Like Tom we use a lot of meat trays ... none over 10 years old however ... but I really love the idea of having sponge in the bottom!
    Donna :) :)

    ::: While I've been away on holidays I see you guys have been really busy ... Now I have some serious post reading to catch up on!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so bad about picking up little containers like this whenever I see them. If I could just stick to one kind.....but that's another story. None of mine have rubber in the bottom, but maybe I could line some with those Rubbermaid cabinet liners I picked up a while back, I just knew I'd use them for something! :)

    ReplyDelete