I did learn some things on my trip:
- I still dislike flying. Well, not the flying part but everything that goes with it. I'd rather drive than fly anytime.
- My teaching style is a little too random for PowerPoint. I did have to skip a couple of slides as I taught. (I don't use PowerPoint much, but needed to show lots of pictures in my art conference.)
- Preschool and children's leaders are the best people. I enjoyed interacting with all the ones I met.
- Oklahoma is a very windy place...at least the Tulsa area was windy this weekend.
- Talking about art with preschool teachers is just plain fun! Everyone is looking for new ideas - or at least some fun adaptations to familiar ideas.
- What I think is an old idea may be new to someone else. Every time I talk about art, I'm surprised at what people react to. Sometimes I've been doing something for a while and they have never heard of it.
- It is possible to teach about art without bringing paint and markers to use. Although bringing art supplies is a much more fun and engaging way to do it. (Next time, when I drive!)
Now I'm looking for a conference where I can go and absorb rather than teach. But I'll still get to interact with some of the best people on the planet - those who help boys and girls learn.