Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Giving Thanks


This week is the time we set aside to give thanks. I am truly thankful for all the blessings I have. God has continued to give to me beyond measure. I see each day the things I have that so many others do not have - a warm house, a vehicle to drive, food on my table, the world of knowledge at my fingertips through the Internet.

I am thankful for a wife who is supportive and tough and loving. She regularly cooks for me. She helps me when I need a sounding board. She gives me wisdom. She tells me to "get over it" when I need that. She is a true blessing to me.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have to talk and learn and play and grow with a group of young kids. They show me new things each week. They remind me how to be kind. They lead me to try new things and risk without thinking about what others may think or say. They are brave as they take on the world.

I am thankful for the things I didn't get. In looking back over the past couple of years, I see that what didn't happen was for my good - even if it didn't seem like it at the time.

I am thankful for you, the ones who read these words. Thank you!