Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Angels

Earlier this month I read about peg angels on Irresistible Ideas for Play Based Learning. I knew we needed to do this sometime.

This week we were talking about the angel announcing the birth of Jesus to Mary and Joseph. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to make the peg angels. I put out the peg clothespins, chenille stems, coffee filters, lids(!), wall tack, stickers, and fine-line pens.

The kids drew faces and experimented with creating their stand-up angels.




As the kids worked, we discovered that scissors would be a good addition, so they could trim the coffee filters.

The kids' ideas went in directions that I didn't expect (as they usually do). And I think the angels are definitely unique.




Next time I'll probably cut some of the coffee filters ahead of time. And we'll have white glue and brushes instead of glue sticks. But I'll definitely try it again.