Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What's in My Pocket?

Every day I encounter various things that distract my students. Every day (or almost) I end up taking some of those things and putting them in the most convenient place at the moment - my pockets. 

And usually, those things stay in my pockets. At the end of the day, I empty my pockets and find the (often forgotten) treasures. Here is a week's worth things in my pockets. (I had nothing but the regular things in my pockets on Friday.)


Yes, occasionally my spiky balls must be picked up because they become a distraction instead of a helpful tool.


These rubber band bracelets often find their ways into my pockets...although usually returned to the owner at the end of the day.


A baseball. This was given to me during bus duty at the end of the day, so it stayed in my pocket for only a little while. And yes, I seem to have large pockets. Apparently a good thing.


The silly band was given to me as a gift. And I found the nickel on the floor. I don't take and keep money from students.


The flotsam and jetsam of second grade, ending up in my pockets. I'm acquiring quite a collection of items in a pile at home. Maybe I could create something with all my treasures (that haven't been returned) to commemorate my year. Hmm.