Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mr. Rogers Says

I love quotes. I really enjoy reading a succinct statement that expresses my thoughts and feeling exactly...in a way that I probably never could. (I think that's one reason I love reading blogs so much.)

No one expresses things so well as Fred Rogers. I've been feasting on Mr. Rogers quotes for the past couple of weeks lately. His words challenge me, inspire me, and sum up my thinking in so many ways. Below are some of the quotes I've been thinking about recently.


“I don't think anyone can grow unless he's loved exactly as he is now, appreciated for what he is rather than what he will be.”


“I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to someone else.”


“When we treat children's play as seriously as it deserves, we are helping them feel the joy that's to be found in the creative spirit. It's the things we play with and the people who help us play that make a great difference in our lives.”


“If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”


“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.”


“Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me. ”


Thank you for what you to to help children. Thank you for being a hero.