Monday, June 11, 2012

A Busy Week...Just Started

This week I'm working in Vacation Bible School at my church. I'm working with 5-year-olds, kids that will go to kindergarten this fall.

This first day was a day of getting to know each other. The morning went well. But I was reminded again how short the attention span is at this age. The group I teach regularly stays with tasks much longer than this age group (and that's how it should be).



We're using this airplane set-up. It was a favorite place to play today.

I saw kids taking turns being the pilot. Other kids sat in the "airplane seats" and talked. One would walk down the aisle and pass out cups to drink.

We did lots of other things, too. But I so enjoyed seeing them enjoy the airplane.

(And Mrs. Cindy did a great job making the cockpit!)

(More pictures later in the week.)