Saturday, May 5, 2012

Picasso

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso


This is one of my favorite quotes. I was recently reminded of it. 

This week we had a spate of easel painting. I even had to break out the waiting list...so each child could have a time to paint in order. And I got a surprise.

Usually kids paint all over the paper, covering it with one color or blocks of color.

Or they paint letters and shapes.


Some paint more representational pictures.


But this week one did this.


After creating some shape outlines, he filled in the spaces and created a wonderful cubism abstract design.


I immediately thought of Picasso. And his quote.

I'm so glad I get to see artists in action each week. I hope they keep the creativity and enthusiasm as they grow older.