Saturday, March 3, 2012

Painting Ideas from the Blogosphere

"I was just painting...like scribbling...then suddenly it became a dinosaur!"

We love to paint. We paint just about every week. As I read around the blogosphere this week, I saw these ideas that inspired me.


Learning for Life: Painting Daffodils - We've dabbled with still life painting but Kierna reminded me that we need to experiment with this idea more. I love the different interpretations of daffodils that her kids had.

Casa Maria's Creative Learning Zone: Abstract Art Effects Created with Pipettes - I loved the results of this combination of pipettes, paper towels, and liquid watercolors. Beautiful.

Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds: Pipettes and Coffee Filters - Sheryl did a similar activity but used coffee filters instead. She attached the coffee filters to black paper before painting. The kids drew on the paper, too. I'm really intrigued with using multiple media in art exploration.

My Hullabaloo: Partner Painting - I love collaborative art projects. I like the partner aspect of this activity -  from planning to completion.

PreK and K Sharing: Creating Rainbows with Toy Cars - Cars and paint?? What could be better? Melissa from The Chocolate Muffin Tree posted this terrific idea on our collaborative blog. I'm thinking this is the perfect activity.

Educational Creativity: Painting with Make Up Brushes - This post shows a great repurposing idea - using triangle make-up brushes for painting. I love a repurposing idea (and I think I can get some of those at the dollar store!).

What is inspiring you lately?