Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tape Pictures

This week we brought back a favorite material - colored masking tape. We haven't used it in a while, not for a particular reason; we've just been doing other things.

We had white paper, colored tape, stickers, and markers.




The results were varied and interesting.




I think we need to use our tape more often again. We really like it.

I am reminded again that some interesting materials and open-ended time allow for fun experimentation and a variety of results, each reflecting the individuality of the kids.

11 comments:

  1. I always have colourful tape envy every time is see your children using it Scott. All we seem to have is boring old white .. although on black paper it doesn't look nearly as boring!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that but have to get over the cheapskate part of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo what a neat idea! I bet the kids would have a blast with it! Added onto my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. on my shopping list too... master 3.8 would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple - so fun - so irresistible to kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry and Donna what about plastic electrical tape from bunnings? It would be a little pricier but if you REALLY want it, it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or painters tape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get my tape from Discount School Supply. It's the bets price I've found - and great colors, too.

    http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=28476

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jasmin. We do have electrical tape but we'd REALLY LOVE to get our hands on some colourful masking tape too. You know us girls ... we just like perdy things!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh - I can't believe we haven't tried colored masking tape yet. I'm running out to buy some asap! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw this yesterday thanks to Teach Preschool's post and tried it today! My kids loved it! Why do I always think I have to plan some big spectacular activity? Simple, yet effective! Thanks for being creative and letting people like me "steal"!

    ReplyDelete