Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Favorite Things: Dry Erase Boards

I love our easel that includes a dry erase board. We use it a lot when we're painting in other parts of the room. But I think I love our small dry erase boards almost as much. I'm amazed at how much the kids will use the small boards, creating wonderful pictures, words, or sentences before simply erasing them forever. This week I captured some work before the erasers could claim them.





Maybe there's something about the impermanence of these boards that allows kids to feel free. They know that whatever they do will be erased, so there's no pressure for a "final product." Hmm.

My favorite part of these small dry erase boards - they are double-sided. One side is plain and the other side has lines for printing. Kids can choose whichever side they want to use. And I've seen some great writing on the plain side and wonderful designs and pictures on the lined side.

(And I love our mini erasers. We found them in the dollar section at Target one day. I always check there and find great stuff.)