Thursday, June 10, 2010

Favorite Things: Geoboards

I've taken a lot of photos this year. That's been a good thing. I can look over things we've done and see how the kids have progressed and changed, how they use materials in different ways, and how their thinking has developed.

One of my favorite things to use are geoboards and rubber bands. My geoboards were purchased, but you can make your own with squares of wood and nails. I bought more rubber bands at the office supply store, so we have long and short ones, thin and wide ones.

These materials allow exploration of shapes and relationships of lines and forms. Here are some of the pictures I've taken this year.









The designs have become more complex and more experimental as the year has progressed. My little kids have become so grown up.

I'm getting nostalgic as I think about these kids moving on. I've had such a good time with them. I'll miss them when they leave and a group of "babies" move into my room. 

Enough of thinking about that. I still have a few weeks with them. On to more fun!